9:00 am Improving Toxicology & Pharmacology of Emerging Non-Coding RNA Therapeutics towards the Clinic
- Michel Janicott Chief Development Officer, inteRNA Technologies
- Pieter Mestdagh Professor; Principal Scientist, Ghent University; CellCarta
SynopsisTaking into account the pre-clinical advancements of non-coding RNA therapeutics, there is now a greater necessity to characterize ways to improve their toxicology and pharmacology profile to better understand their mechanisms of action whilst maintaining efficacy. Combating the challenges associated with the toxicology and pharmacology of non-coding RNA therapeutics requires a deeper focus and will be explored in this workshop to provide solutions. This workshop aims to delve deep into:
- Reducing the toxicology and improving the pharmacology whilst maintaining safety and efficacy
- How to address future challenges from a non-clinical perspective?
1:00 pm Advancing Delivery Systems for Non-Coding RNAs to Achieve Targeted Tissue & Cell Distribution
- Mansoor Amiji University Distinguished Professor, Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, & Professor of Chemical Engineering, Northeastern Univeristy
Taking into consideration the pre-clinical and clinical advancements of non-coding RNAs, including microRNAs, in a therapeutic setting, there is now a greater necessity to characterize ways to safely and effectively deliver to target tissues and cells in the body. Combating the extracellular and intracellular challenges associated with targeted and efficient delivery requires a multidisciplinary approach and will be explored in this workshop to provide effective solutions.
This workshop aims to delve deep into:
- Understanding of barriers for non-coding RNA delivery
- Strategies for effective delivery to target tissues and cells
- Exploring formulations to enhance microRNA delivery and therapeutic effects in cancer and inflammatory diseases
- In vitro and in vivo studies in disease models